Saturday 23 May 2015

My first ever record



Hello my dolls,

Now I've already told you how I got into music now I would like to share with you how I got into vinyl.

I was a fan of anything vintage and/or retro quite a bit before I started buying records. I was brought up going around antique stores and salvage places. So when my grandad gave me a original 1964 original dansette major deluxe 21 (details of what can be found here) I was over the moon but for about three years it was kept up in the loft as we had nothing to spin. But all that changed one sunny may bank holiday when I went to my local antiques center. It only happened by chance when my mum took me into a record shop for fun. I was flicking through the records when my eyes stumbled across the grease sound track.

Yes. My first ever record was the grease soundtrack.

Don't judge me, it is one of the greatest soundtracks of all time.

Not only was it my first ever vinyl record it was my first album I brought with my own money also. Now I'm a huge fan of grease. I know all the words to the songs and the dialog. I know the all the dances and the stage ques. Let's just say if I was in the front row of the stage production and sandy broke her leg whilst on stage I would be quite able to take her place. So when I saw it at my local record store I had to get it. It cost me the whopping sum of £4 and and newly acquired addiction of buying vinyl. This addiction led me on to buying AM in HMV a week or so later and then plenty more along the course of the year and for the foreseeable future.




Both the sleeve and the actual records are in near perfect condition.




The inside of the sleeve contains a collage of stills from the film. And the inner sleeves (not pictured have a year book theme.


It's a double LP as well! Double the lp, double the grease.


Obviously the back of the sleeve has a track list.





Peace and love,

Connie x

No comments:

Post a Comment